Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Go East, Young Dogs"


As we go about our mundane life in Northwest Oregon, a group of truculent vagabond types are traveling eastward in their modern day covered wagons-- mostly RVs-- to Montana from dog show to dog show. They even have their own blog: Northwest Paws Across America in which they have been chronicling their travels and adventures since setting out in the early morning of Sunday, June 17th. Comprised mostly of Cairn terriers with a couple of German Shepherd Dogs and Border Terriers, they're following the Montana dog show circuit to compete in conformation and obedience.

Do check out their blog. There's a new entry every day (unlike in this blog) and it seems that something of interest is always going on, whereas the most exciting thing that has occurred so far here is that while Maggie, Geordie, and I were walking throughout our lovely suburban neighborhood, a loose Weimaraner followed us and pooped on an unsuspecting neighbor's lawn. Oh-- and Geordie was sniffing the around the property of one house as though he were a connoisseur of fine wine. This leads me to believe that the intact Schipperke bitch that lives in the corresponding house is probably in season. Lovely.

Cheerio,
Jill, Mag, and Geord

2 comments:

rick the mouseherder said...

Thanks for the support on the list (and stopping by MouseTrax).

Frankly, these lists need us a lot more than we need them, so post away. They've threatened to toss me off a couple of times, but I remind them I drive transport and contribute, both of which will stop if they toss me. So They've put me on Moderation and usually trim my sig before okaying the post.

I should blog more, but lately have been wading into other, mostly unfriendly, blogs and trying to pin their ears back a bit. It's more fun than having people eventually find my site. I keep Google alerts going for causes I care about and get email notices of new material, then go post with both messages of support for good ideas and brickbats for others.

Speak up!

Jill Arnel said...

I should blog more, too-- also read others', including yours.

How right you are! Being "put on moderation," in some cases, is a Purple Heart of sorts. It means that people are FORCED to think. Many resist the urge or have partaken of too much Soylent Green.